Motley Hue 2017: Classroom Codes of Conduct
- During class I will respect my instructors & classmates by paying attention to instructors, keeping side conversations to a whispered minimum, and apply myself to the material presented.
- I know that collaborating with my peers is a great way to learn, and I am free to ask for advice from my colleagues any time I want during class. I also understand that everyone learns in their own way, and that I will always ask my partner before I offer my own advice.
- I will respect myself, the instructors, my fellow students, and the learning environment by doing my very best to be on time for classes. I know that if I am more than 15 minutes late for class, I am too late and will have to wait until the next class begins.
Number of Attendees
- I know that there will only be 40 students allowed in each classroom when there is more than one class going on at the same time. If I am not one of the first 40 to be in the classroom, I will be happy to go to another class and learn cool stuff with another teacher.
- If I am too tired or injured I am allowed to sit out and watch a class, provided that I remain quiet and pay attention to material presented. If I want to talk I would be better served to spend time in the Registration hang-out space, or the lobby.
- I am not allowed to watch a class for a level that I am not participating in. This is not to keep information from me, it is to protect the intimate environment of the class being taught.