Classroom Codes of Conduct
- During class I will respect my instructors & classmates by paying attention to instructors, keeping side conversations to a whispered minimum, and apply myself to the material presented.
- I know that collaborating with my peers is a great way to learn, and I am free to ask for advice from my colleagues any time I want during class. I also understand that everyone learns in their own way, and that I will always ask my partner before I offer my own advice.
- I will respect myself, the instructors, my fellow students, and the learning environment by doing my very best to be on time for classes. I know that if I am more than 15 minutes late for class, I am too late and will have to wait until the next class begins.
- If I am too tired or injured I am allowed to sit out and watch a class, provided that I remain quiet and pay attention to material presented. If I want to talk I would be better served to spend time in the Registration hang-out space, or the lobby.
- I am not allowed to watch a class for a level that I am not participating in. This is not to keep information from me, it is to protect the intimate environment of the class being taught.
- If I am feeling uncomfortable in response to someone in class, I am encouraged to respectfully tell them how I am feeling and what I think is causing the problem.
- If I receive information that I am making someone uncomfortable, I will do my best to listen carefully so that I can be an even better contributor to the fusion community.
- If for some reason there is behaviour I experience or witness that I am unable to communicate effectively to the person(s) involved, I will inform either the instructor of the class, the front desk manager, or Milla Von Tauber, the Brave & Safe coordinator.